Stone Fruit Pouches
- 2 cups crushed gingersnaps
- 4 apricots, pit removed and cut into eighths
- 4 plums, pit removed and cut into fourths
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 4 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 teaspoons brandy
- Heat coals of grill or fire pit (or oven to 500F)
- Cut 8 (18 by 18-inch) squares of aluminum foil.
- Lay down double thickness of foil and divide gingersnaps evenly among the 4 squares.
- Divide fruit evenly and place on top of gingersnaps.
- Dot with butter.
- In small bowl mix sugar, salt, and lime zest.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over fruit, drizzle with juice and brandy and seal packets.
- Once coals are ash covered, lay packets over them and cover with lid of grill (If cooking in a fire pit carefully try to partially bury packets in hot coals).
- Cook for 10 minutes (15-20 minutes in oven)
- Remove from heat and open carefully, as steam inside packet is very hot.
- Serve on plates as is or spoon into shallow bowls and top with creme fraiche or ice cream.
From Food Network